Marine insurance

Whilst there is no legal requirement for most UK based pleasure vessels to be insured, almost all owners do so, both to protect themselves against loss or damage, and to cover themselves against claims for damage, including legal costs, from owners or operators of other boats they may damage.

However, most mooring and marina owners require boats to be insured, as does British Waterways for vessels using their canal and rivers network. Also, all commercial vessels need to be insured.

For smaller boats such as dinghies and small powerboats, many marine insurers offer standard policies, whilst for larger boats individual rates will be quoted depending on usage, value and the experience or qualifications of the owner.

Click the buttons below to find insurance options in your area.

If would like to get in touch regarding a survey please click here.